SIT is a pilot program which offers senior residents of Montclair reduced cost taxi vouchers for local travel. SIT is not a taxi service – residents can use SIT vouchers to pay for taxi services with participating companies.
SIT Vouchers can be used outside of Montclair.
- Great savings – pay $15 for $30 in rides
- Travel anytime 24 / 7
- Door- to-door convenience
- Taxi sharing permitted
- Just call – no advanced booking required
- Includes vicinity of Mountainside
- Enjoy mobility freedom
- Use for ANY purpose: medical appointments, grocery shopping, visiting friends and family, shopping
- Travel options: day, night, weekdays, weekends, holidays
- Use in bad weather or instead of searching for a parking space
How to Purchase:
Purchase vouchers at Montclair Health Department, Municipal Building, 205 Claremont Avenue, Third Floor, Montclair 07042
- Bring Proof of Age (62+) & Montclair Residency
- Payment: Cash or Check Made out to Township of Montclair
- For Information, call the Montclair Health Department at 973-509-4970, weekdays, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Good Taxi: (609) 922-5179
- Le Rubicon Taxi: (201) 463-8344
- M&M Taxi: (973) 746-7575
This pilot project, funded through Partners for Health Foundation, is being administered by the Montclair Department of Health & Human Services and Lifelong Montclair, with the support and assistance of the Township’s Senior Citizens Advisory Committee.