MATCHING GRANTS AVAILABLE for Healthy Food Drives or Fundraising Drives to benefit local soup kitchens and food pantries.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Community groups, schools, sports teams, clubs, congregations, youth groups, businesses, families and individuals are invited to participate.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
A soup kitchen or food pantry located in one of the 15 communities served by Partners for Health Foundation: Bloomfield, Caldwell, Cedar Grove, Clifton, Essex Fells, Fairfield, Glen Ridge, Little Falls, Montclair, North Caldwell, Nutley, Roseland, Verona, West Caldwell and West Orange
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE ELIGIBLE?
- Healthy Food Drives that collect fresh produce and/or healthy non-perishable foods for a local kitchen or pantry. A shopping list of “Suggested Healthy Food Donations” can be found by clicking here.
- Fundraising Drives that raise money to support a local kitchen or pantry.
HOW MUCH WILL BE MATCHED?
- A Healthy Food Drive will be matched at $500 per Drive.
- Fundraising Drives will be matched $1 for $1. Donor checks must be made payable to Partners for Health. The Foundation will distribute double the amount raised directly to the designated kitchen or pantry.
DO WE NEED TO REGISTER?
Yes, contact Mary Riccio in the Partners for Health Foundation office to register your activity at: gro.n1537515591dfsre1537515591ntrap1537515591@oicc1537515591irm1537515591 or (973) 746-6130, Ext. 10.
DO YOU HAVE TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL FOOD DRIVES?
Yes, click on these links for easy-to-execute tips and suggestions:
- Holding a Successful Healthy Food Drive at a Supermarket or Farmers’ Market
- Holding a Successful Healthy Food Drive as part of a Scheduled Activity
SHOULD WE TAKE PHOTOS?
Photos of donated foods – or activities related to fundraising – are appreciated and help the Foundation in promoting your efforts!
HOW SHOULD WE REPORT FOOD DRIVE RESULTS?
- Email Mary Riccio at gro.n1537515591dfsre1537515591ntrap1537515591@oicc1537515591irm1537515591 to report what you’ve accomplished; for example, how many bags of food were collected?
Include photos from your event if you have any!
- Ask the Executive Director of the kitchen or pantry you supported to email Mary to confirm receipt of the donated foods.
- When both of these emails have been received, the Foundation will cut a $500 check payable to the designated kitchen or pantry.
WHERE SHOULD WE BRING DONATIONS?
- After the fundraising drive has ended, prepare a summary that tallies all contributions. Bring this summary, plus checks and cash donations to the Partners for Health Foundation office located at 54 Plymouth Street, Montclair, NJ.
- The Foundation will then cut a check for double the amount raised, payable to the designated kitchen or pantry.
CAN A STUDENT RECEIVE A COMMUNITY SERVICE LETTER?
Event organizers can request Community Service acknowledgement letters on behalf of participating students. Send the name, home address and number of hours worked for each student to: Mary Riccio at gro.n1537515591dfsre1537515591ntrap1537515591@oicc1537515591irm1537515591.
Contact Mary Riccio at gro.n1537515591dfsre1537515591ntrap1537515591@oicc1537515591irm1537515591 or (973) 746-6130, Ext. 10